As always, our vacation went by quickly. It's going home day already. We were up early which is normal for us. We decided to walk through Little Divi and up to Fort Amsterdam so get a picture of Belair from a distance. We had no idea the fort is a national historic site. So we read all the signs about the fort and checked out the cannons and structural remains. Our next trip, we will visit the fort while cruise ships are in port and also to see a sunrise.
Back to the room, finish packing, load the car, and then check out with both Belair and Starlite. Starlite staff is very friendly and we liked the convenience of their office on Belair property.
On our way to the airport we experienced our first bridge opening on the island. We watched several vessels pass by. Most notably the Fortunate Sun, an impressive yacht.
In spite of the bridge opening we had time to visit both Hilma's and Café Atlantico smile We enjoyed Hilma's Johnny Cakes...I ordered the recommended sausage, egg, cheese and special sauce and it was excellent. We enjoyed talking with a few of the locals and Hilma. She's a very interesting woman.
Café Atlantico was our last pastry stop. Well worth the parking hassle for the raisin rolls.
Our airport events were about average from our travel experiences. They did check our passports twice. The entire process took about 45 minutes from kiosk check-in to sitting at the gate. The gate area was packed and the Wi-Fi was spotty but enough I could catch up on some emails.
We boarded a shuttle bus to take us to our airplane. We did wait about 15 minutes before we were cleared for takeoff.

Our first SXM is now over and we are safe at home. We have already started talking about another trip. We are committed on other trips in 2017 and 2018 so unless plans change it will be a couple of years until we can return.

I plan on writing a detailed review of Belair for those interested in the property. I will post the review here also.

Thanks to all for the many previous posts that we used to plan our vacation. Without the previous trip reports and old discussions on this forum, we would not have enjoyed our trip as much as we did. The information here is invaluable!

Thanks also for all the recommendations this week. We couldn't do them all but the few we did were excellent and appreciated!

Hopefully our posts will help a future traveler or a SXM business be more successful. Our way of saying thanks to the forum!