We just got home last night/early this morning from a truly perfect trip - we rented a car (which we totally did not need - drove just once and could've taken a cab) - stayed in an apartment within walking distance of Orient beach and mostly just vegetated and drank wine, after starting the day off with walks from one end of the beach to the other and back (about four miles in all)

The new stores/restaurants are close but not ready yet - Aloha is close but needs electricity - SunBeachClubber was selling beverages out of an ice chest but no bathroom facilities - no other real sign of life from the restaurants - Adam and Eve were fully up and running - Sexy Fruits was almost there - Luiz also up and running... I would think at least another month until everyone is up and going... So much for taking advantage of the high season - felt really bad for all of those folks.

Found some very, very cool shells, but needed a snorkel and mask and they were primarily on the Club O end... Hope nobody there thought I was being a creep - totally only looking for shells - I snorkeled on both ends of the beach and out at Tintamarre but the best snorkeling was right in front of Pedro's -

Lots of terrific food - please try BO - it was excellent and seems not to have been discovered yet - also Thai Chi, L'table Antoine, and L'Ptit Bistro - we went to Ocean 82 one night and had our favorite meal of the trip - if you're into wine, the Viognier was delicious....

We didn't do much exciting - mostly we came early and left late from the beach - we were walking distance from KonTiki and all of their servers were amazing - Eric, Aurelian and Fabian - nothing bad to say about any of them - they really made the vacation special!

We'll be back in 354 days, which is not soon enough!

(It is 25 degrees with a 15mph north wind right now.... Not fair)