Trip report day number CINQ! (Day five for those that do not know how to count in French!)

DW and I woke up at the crack of day, and then we got out of bed around 6:45 am. The body just does not recoup as fast as it does when we were younger, but who cares, we are on vacation so we drudged forward anyway. Breakfast was had again in our abode, and then a few minutes before 8 am we were off to Aqua Mania for our day trip to Prickly Pear and Anguilla. Having done this last year we knew what to expect and it did not disappoint.

Lambada left right on time 9 am, and reached a point where the guys could raise the main sail, but we motored the whole way to Prickly Pear, as there was no wind to be had. I did see on this trip a flounder and a 3-4 foot barracuda, along with other small fish. The reef does not look like it is recovering from a harsh environment, but the fish were busy munching off tidbits of the reef. The sea fans did not have much color and appeared to either be sand stained or not have any weave to them at all. On most sea fans only scrawny branches remained. We did snorkel for about an hour and half and then motored to Roy’s Restaurant and Bar, owned by a fellow Massachusetts native. Food choices for lunch were vegetarian, complete chicken leg, mahi-mahi and ribs, along with rice, cole slaw and macaroni salad, and of course, punch either with or without rum. After lunch, you can either rest on a lounge chair or wade in the crystal clear water from the pristine beach at Roy’s.

After leaving Roy’s, the girls raised the jib into place, and then both sails filled with wind and we were off until wind power. Lively music was played on board and there were a lot of woman and some men dancing away. About 30 minutes from docking, we lost our sail and the captain returned the balance of the way under motor power. Of course, libation was freely being passed around, beer, and punch with and without rum, beer and assorted tonic. They also passed around slices of apple, cheese and baguette to soak up the alcohol, which broke up the taste of the alcohol drinks.

We docked back at Aqua Mania around 5 pm and disembarked uneventful. From the talk of every one that we talked to, a good time was had by all. I know that my DW and I will go on this again sometime in the future.

After a quick cleanup, we decided to go the Simpson Bay Greenhouse, as spending all day long in the sun does drain you of all energy. DW had the Bang Bang Chicken wrap with french fries and cole slaw and I had a double order of Bang Bang Shrimp with a side salad. With two for one Silver Bullets, the total bill came to $43.00. When we had arrived at TGH, they were being slammed with orders for BBS and many drinks, as both bartenders were working non-stop for at least 45 minutes if not more. We didn’t’ see any member of the wait staff or management standing still, as they all hustled to take orders and get the food delivered to all the tables. By the way, Bang Bang Shrimp is available from 11 am until 9 pm every Wednesday; you do not have to wait until happy hour to get this pricing.

We retreated to our abode, and settled with some more Etna Pistachio ice cream, which was a welcomed treat. Hoping to have sweet dreams this evening and to see what tomorrow will bring for more adventures.

PS: We still have not seen a flash bang sunset on this trip. Maybe we will see one soon!