Trip report day 3 and 4

So yesterday, (Monday) the lightning and shower gods awakened us very early in the am, which continued until around 8 am. Lots of light and boomers, some very close to the Atrium. At one time during this deluge, the sound of a jet going overhead sounded as if it was on the roof of the building, as it sounded as if it was that close. I talked to a couple of other people staying here and they mentioned the same thing. It did not look like a beach day at all, as the rain caused its normal flooding in those prone areas. Those that frequent Billy Folly are well aware of the lake that forms after Burger King and the Atrium, as this time it took up ¾’s of the road. However, we thought that we might have to take a boat to get to the other side.

Being on vacation, we drove over to Zee Best, yes the one across the street from that same Burger King, for some of their mouth-watering crepes; the wife having the vegetarian and yours truly the Italian. I do not know, but I also pick the one that is not as good as my wife’s, as her vegetarian is delicious. Yes, she gave me half of it feeling sorry for my poor choice. Little does my wife know that I think that mine is better. One point for me! She had tea, I had a large orange juice, and the bill with service added was $30.00.

We headed off to Philipsburg as I had to go pay for a couple of auctions that I had won; first for two people to take a ferry to St. Barth’s and the 2nd for two people also, to go to Prickly Pear and Anguilla for the day. The total out of my pocket was $120.00 for the tickets and $60.00 for the port fees. Not a bad day at all, so far. We parked in the huge parking lot behind the government building, as the wife wanted to go shopping for the grandkids at Del Sol. Lots of stuff with Dizzy on it, but not much else for us big kids for t-shirts or polo shirts. Somehow, I saved $96.00 by spending $136.00. I need to figure how that happened.

Stopped in for out annual Guavaberry colada, as the day was turning out to be a day to spend at the beach, as we were sweltering from the high humidity and dew point. Walked past the pier and continuing west on the boardwalk, until we just could not take the heat any longer and cut back through to Front Street. With one cruise ship in board, there were not that many people that we saw shopping here. We walked into Barbara’s store, and did not see her as the store was quiet busy. Maybe another day on this trip we will head back to town. We decided to head back to the Atrium to take in the sun, as it was just too much of a day to miss out not being on the beach, but we had to take a detour. We went to Aqua Mania to book our excursions and pay our port taxes, so that we could get secure our reservations.
Finally made it back to the beach around 2 pm to enjoy the warm water and the rays of the sun. Grabbed a quick sausage from BBB and a few buckets of libation from the greenhouse, to watch another night with a flash at sunset. 3 days and no sunset yet. I meet Rick Smith, from Ambient Real Life (you will know him if you have seen his you tube videos with his go pro cameras and quadcopters.) and chatted for a few minutes will my queen was waiting for me.

Dinner this evening was at Advantika, on the second floor across from Toppers. There is an elevator in the back right of the building for those that cannot climb those stairs. I remember that the owner of Advantika, had owned Pan Laan before, and had sold it and open up his new digs closer to the bridge. There is seating in the second floor terrace, open air, and in one dining room. Black ceilings and turned down lightning, which made for a cozy atmosphere. We started off with pork lettuce wraps, which were delicious followed by mild red curry chicken and I settled in with the medium hot black pepper steak, both at $18.00, along with sparkling water from Norway and a couple of Silver Bullets. With the food and drink we had, we did not have any room at this time for dessert. Marc, our water who used to work for Pierre at Pineapple Pete has, informed us that the owner who open Advantika, had sold this business about 3 or 4 years ago to our surprise. Do not get me wrong; the food was just as good as when he owned Pan Laan, as he also took his chief from Pan Laan to Advantika.

We waddled back to our castle, and just before we settled in for the night, the wife wanted some Etna Pistachio ice cream, which we had in our freezer; with this, the day came to a close.

Too soon Tuesday morning came and we had to get up. Who knew? We had our usually breakfast in our room and went down to the beach around 8 am, and found no chairs lined up. There was a traffic issue on the land; I will not get into this, as I do not know enough about it, as we are on vacation! Met new friends from Toronto, who complained about the blue jays losing the night before, being a red sox fan I did not say much and could not console them either. Another two couples from jersey, one husband a diehard giants fan and the other a Tom Brady and Patriot fan, inside out. Lunch was had inside our room with the tidbits that Jeannie had purchased for us, along with a little bit of island juice; you know the stuff with the red guavaberries in it. Meet another couple from Miami, or from Brazil/Columbia/Connecticut, do not know which as the story they were telling was mixing us up. The wife and I sat in our loungers until around 5:30 and decided that we would not see the flash again tonight, as it was cloudy in them there parts of the sky.

We were going to go try The Harbour Queen but they are closed for renovations and will not be reopening until November 1. We decided to back track and try the new restaurant, The Harbor SXM that is right next to the road to Snoopy Island. They have a young woman station outside asking if you want to see the menu before you go in, but asked her instead to seat us with a view. You need to know that this restaurant has only been open for about 3-4 weeks, so with slow season still here, they are still trying to get their name out there. The young girl walked us out to a back dining area, the first dining area was under the front roof which was very nice, you then had to walk past a lounge area, where to the right of this a band and singer could perform, and then unto the main dining area. She then as if we wanted to seat outside, and said yes, and she took us to a rear platform that hungout away from the building and above the lagoon, which was partially lit up from underwater flood lights so you could see the humongous tarpon swimming around. That was quite the sight to see those large fish.

We ordered a couple of Silver Bullets, with the wife having the Mediterranean pizza, thin crust with tomato sauce and cheese, cooked and then sliced grape tomatoes, prosciutto di Parma, black olives and feta cheese were added after cooking. This was outstanding. I on the other hand had their grille jumbo shrimp, 7-8 on my plate in a red sauce with onions and red peppers, along with garlic-cubed potatoes and a small side salad. My meal was good also! With five brews, the bill was $61.00. Three slices of pizza was left over, so we took them back to our abode, for breakfast or a snack later in the week.

And off to la la land we go!