The message below was posted yesterday to the Facebook page of Bavaria Yachts USA. I'm curious, how may this impact Horizon Yacht Charter? I know they carry FP and Lagoon catamarans, but they are obviously heavy on Bavaria monohulls. I believe they were directly operating through Bavaria Yachts USA for charter yacht sales. Thoughts? Sorry to hear this. I love their monohulls. Sounds like a tense breakup and situation. Their FB post also received a comment from Bavaria Yachts Spain saying the same happened to them a couple of weeks ago.

=====

It is with a very heavy heart that we have to inform you that the relationship between Bavaria Yachts USA and Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH in Giebelstadt, Germany no longer exists.

With a new management team in Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH, the commitment from the factory has plummeted.

On October 6th, 2016, ten minutes before the start of the 2016 Annapolis Boat Show, the Mr. Lutz Henkel, the CEO of Bavaria Yachtbau, handed us a termination letter which was effective immediately. Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH’s management was fully aware that our team had worked for weeks in preparation of our market’s most significant and costly sailboat show.

Our US company, comprised of experienced boating industry professionals, has committed to ensure our yachts are serviced to Bavaria USA standards which has come at a great financial cost, but we believe providing the highest quality and standards in the industry was worth it because it has been the right thing to do, it’s just good business. For years, under previous German management, we worked in good partnership with Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH to ensure the products sold in the US market were up to the standards fitting the expectations of the American consumer.

Over the last five years, the team at Bavaria USA has actively built the Bavaria brand into a respected and very recognizable entity in the US boating industry. We have represented our products with great care and pride, and have provided a level of service to our owners which we would expect if we were to purchase a yacht ourselves.

Since Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH has chosen to abandon its commitments to Bavaria Yachts USA, the sole distributor and dealer for the US market for monohull Sailboats and Powerboats, Bavaria Yachts USA is now forced to cease all operations.

Best Regards,
Team Bavaria Yachts USA

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form