Of my six Bareboat Charters in the BVI i've flown JFK-SJU-EIS twice and JFK-STT / ferry four times. Believe it or not we've had more problems doing the EIS route than with the ferries. We typically catch a morning flight to arrive STT around 1:30. We take a taxi to the Ferry Dock and relax with a Painkiller or 3 at the Petit Pump Room at the Ferry Dock waiting for the 3:00pm Ferry. If we can make an earlier ferry then we take it. We check in to our boat by 6:00pm and spend the evening sorting out our provisioning (wither going through the delivery or shopping at Riteway, or some combination of both). Then a nice dinner on Tortola before the sleep aboard. If you need to do the Chart Briefing there is usually one t 6:00pm. In the morning we do the boat briefing as early as possible, have a light breakfast and off we go.

On the return we usually sleep at the dock the night before the end of our charter since my crew usually wants a real shower by then. Alternatively Norman or Cooper are good last night anchorages. because you can be hack across quickly in the morning. We have never had a problem checking the boat in and being at the ferry dock in plenty of time for the 10:00am ferry. Even with delays we are usually at CA by Noon and have no problem making the 1:30 - 3:30 flight home.

The ferry option has proven to be the cheapest over the years and although i'm probably jinxing myself I've never missed a connection. My crew look at the ferry ride as part of the vacation and fun.

If and when delays or problems arise, remember that you are on vacation and could otherwise be back in your real life! As Boots, a wise taxt driver in Road Town told us time and again... No stress no mess!

Mark Shichtman
"Live for Today!"

[Linked Image]