"Sun, Sand, Murder", a new suspense novel by John Keyse-Walker, is superb, built upon a solid base of knowledge about Anegada! Being a part-time resident of Anegada, I was delighted to read this thriller. It has a solid foundation of characters, many of which are based on real people here on this tiny island of only 300 or so people. Keyse-Walker has obviously spent a lot of time here because he so thoroughly and accurately depicts life on Anegada.

Although it is fiction, the backbone of the plot is itself loosely based upon actual events that happened here, with many intriguing twists. From the first page, I could not stop reading because each chapter deepened the suspense. The way that the author captures the simplicity and lifestyle of this island is absolutely amazing.

Many of the people in the book are actual people here on Anegada. Their names have been scrambled a bit. Nancy and I really enjoyed figuring out who was really who.

Bell, here at Cow Wreck, has a very prominent role in the book.

This is a must-read for anyone that loves Anegada!

I have chatted a bit over the past few days with the author. This book is the first of a series, all based on the BVI. His next book, now at the publisher, will be based on Virgin Gorda. He has a manuscript now of the third book, which will be based on Cuba and Anegada.

Walker Mangum
Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada