TravelHat said:
ruralcarrier said:
Sounds interesting. How were the prices? From what I can see on facebook a burger w/egg and bacon plus other toppings and fries is around $15. Not all that inexpensive.

Depends on the quality. A fresh pattie with bacon, egg, LTO on a fresh baked roll with fries is $15.00 anywhere. A frozen pattie with a frozen bun and bagged lettuce half ripe tomatoes with frozen twice over fries served room temperature at best, on a paper plate, not so much.

No idea of the quality of the meat but the menu board posted on facebook simply states "6oz burger". In my area, even at a high end steakhouse with burger made from steak trimmings, you are at $13 w/fries but no egg. A popular chain burger place that is very good is around $12 with the egg and fries. It may not at all be out of line for what they are serving but the mention of "fair price" in conjunction with a $15 burger got my attention. I may just try it out myself in a month.

Based upon what I have seen delivered to many restaurants on the island, the burgers are mostly all frozen and range from low quality to Certified Angus Beef. Unless a place is grinding their own meat or buying from a grocery in bulk, my bet is on it being frozen.

The past few years, I would rate Mark's Place burger as the best to my taste but that is a personal opinion. Just like all the others, it comes down to personal taste.

J.D.