After 21 visits and 11 different hotels/resorts we spent 4 nights at the Royal Palm this past late Fall. Our intention was to be in an area where we could walk to bars and restaurants w/o driving so the hotel itself was sort of secondary. We expected to have to go to Kim Sha most days for the beach but the beach in front of RP is more than adequate.

We were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel to be very nice. We were on the ground floor so our door opened up to a very nice beach area right in front of us. The "lagoon" area was very nice for swimming and sunning with an extremely short walk to the swim up bar and pool. I'm a sucker for a swim up bar. I recall happy hour started at 2p and I think went to 6. Two for one drinks and the bartenders were friendly and made the drinks very good.

The people we met at the RP were all friendly. Never had an issue with parking. We rented privately so did not use housekeeping so I can't comment on that although we did have a bellman who assists with the unit and he was available a few times for things like bug spray or to answer a question or two we had during our stay.

The only down side was the restaurant. Service was slow and food quality not very good. We tried to get dinner one night but gave up and just went across the street. Had appetizers at bar once that took forever and they were just meh! We overheard a couple not far from us questioning the length of time it was taking to get there order. Because there are so many bars and restaurants in the area it's not a deal breaker for us but the night we wanted to eat dinner was our first night and after an early rise to the airport it would have been nice just to eat on site.

We would return again and are hoping to be able to stay several nights on our next visit prior to checking into BSV.

Last edited by fabila; 01/29/2017 11:50 AM.