Before I begin, it is snowing in Raleigh, NC this morning, which is crazy after the warm weather we have had over the past month. Ugh! I am ready for the islands, but I realize it could be worse.

After all the Seaborne talk in recent weeks, I thought I would simply confirm that our flights have not been changed for June. Our schedule is to fly down on a Tuesday (Raleigh to Charlotte to San Juan to Beef). We arrive in SJU at 1:00 pm and we are scheduled to depart for Beef at 3:30 pm. Perfect right? Wrong! Seaborne has dropped the 3:30 pm flight and we are now on a 6:30 pm flight.

We have a sleep aboard at Moorings that night (Tuesday) and our hope was to leave as early as possible the next morning (Wednesday) since we only need the boat briefing. I have talked to American Airlines and we have the option to change our flights to Monday and leave Raleigh two hours later in the morning. We would still be on the 6:30 pm Seaborne flight, but we would take off two hours later and we would get there a day earlier. This would give us an extra day in paradise and ensure that we are at the Moornings on Tuesday afternoon with time to get things done. I realize that check in time is 6:00 pm, but I called yesterday and the boat is not booked the day before.

My thought is that making this change will be more relaxing on the front end of the trip. By the way, we will be with our 11 and 13 year old daughters. Where would you recommend that we stay on Monday night in Tortola (Mariner Inn?) and is it difficult to hop to a beach by taxi on Tuesday morning given that we will want to be back at the Moorings in the afternoon? Lastly, if the beach is doable, which beach would you visit?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Steve