I would echo the sentiment of not taking the dinghy from Marina Cay to Trellis. Its a 20 min crossing and when the winds come in off Sir Francis Drake Channel, you run the risk of being swamped. we had to anchor at Marina Cay for a Full Moon Party and planned on being later than the last shuttle so we piled into the dinghy. Not a great idea in retrospect....

I think a 'land' stop is a good idea if you have crew who are not avid or passionate sailors. I would choose BEYC over Scrub because BEYC offers more stuff to do and being on VG gives you the option of a cross island trek by car to the Baths (which you can also get from Leverick). In large swells, arriving early enough to get a mooring ball plus the dinghy ride and then a final swim to the beach can dampen (pun intended!) a visit to the Baths by boat.

One little hidden (or seldom used) gem from VG is a nice up and across the mountain hike from just behind the BEYC (at the east side of the resort). From the top you'll get an stunning view of Saba Rock and North Sound. The hike takes you close to the now closed Biras Creek Resort. Its an hour over the top but slightly less if you take the 'flat' route back that stays close to sea level.

D