Day 11 - 6-25-2017

Good evening from Mont Vernon

Well today was a bust. Today, Diana and I decided to take a break from the beach. Instead we had planned to spend a leisurely morning at the studio, then venture over to the Dingy Dock for lunch, and some exploring of the island. So we slept in a bit this morning, and basically did nothing but but enjoy the peace and quiet of the balcony all morning.

Around noontime, we got cleaned up and headed for the parking lot and our car. Now this is the same car that I had trouble with a few days ago, and thought all was well with, after Lesley (Kenny’s Car Rental) replaced a battery. Imagine my surprise, when I went to start the car, and -- NOTHING!! Yep another dead battery. Before you ask -- No I did not leave the lights on, nor any other item on the vehicle that I can control the flow of electricity to. Obviously, this car has a problem somewhere.

So, I call Lesley again and explain the situation to him. Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining about Lesley, or his vehicles. I understand, that mechanical items like automobiles can and do break down occasionally. That being said, it sure is inconvenient. Anyway Lesley told me that he currently didn’t have any cars in stock today, but would exchange it for me tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime he made another trip up to Mont Vernon and replaced yet another battery in the car.

That was nice of him, But I have no intentions of driving this particular car again during this trip. I simply will not take the chance of being stranded somewhere with a car that has obvious electrical problems.

So we are currently confined to the Orient Beach area until sometime tomorrow afternoon. I know. What a place to be stranded at -- And I am grateful that both times it has happened, it has been in the parking lot of the studio. But by golly, what a pain. At least it wasn’t departure day, and no way to the airport.

So I guess that tomorrow my beach-time will be cut short to exchange the cars with Lesley, but what can you do.

Yes, sometimes life throws you some lemons, but twice in three days is enough. I think I’m going to need some more sugar to make this lemonade a bit more palatable.

So for now…

Good evening from Mont Vernon.

Dave & Diana