I will get flamed here for sure. Nothing will sail without low weight and a keel, dagger board, or centerboard. Most charter boats are simply not set up that way. The beasts are floating condo's with a stick coming out the top. That can make great fun for group for week or more with little distance to cover in good weather.

The Catana's are different. They are lighter and they do have dagger boards so they will sail somewhat. There will be issues if you crash into the bottom with those deep boards down. Less weight will translate to less nice condo like living and lounging areas.

As the family and friends list has grown. We usually charter the newest and largest boat we can get for the dates. We have sailed from PR to Grenada in every direction. Today if it is anything like upwind we are motor sailing. I expect I will beat you upwind point to point with any of the charter condo's motorsailing on any of the Cantana's. We have never had a fuel issue on a charter boat. I find 80% of all crews want the biggest newest thing you are willing to pay for. When you are traveling less than 50 miles on vacation what is the difference between 6,8, or 10 knots VMG anyway?