Here's what I am missing since I am not a regular visitor to the island. If they put the bollards back, where do the motorists park? Are there public/private parking lots available and if so do they charge to park? We all know that we look for FREE parking whether we are at home or away. (What a score it is to find a parking spot downtown with time still left on the meter.) If there is free parking at lots nearby then the bollards definitely make it safer for all. If the parking lots charge or if they are like the ones here in Sarasota that are reserved only for shoppers or your car is towed, then people will try to park free even if it blocks the roadway/pedestrian walkways, UNLESS the parking has consequences. These consequences could include expensive tickets +/or towing. If you park haphazardly in downtown Orlando, Boston, Sarasota or Lakeland, what happens? Your car is ticketed and towed. Sorry that I missed something but I don't understand how the parking problem is allowed to continue when public safety is involved. Just my .02

[Linked Image]