Carol....they mentioned all properties will be closed to until the end of this year. That would of course include Royal Islanders. I am sure their pool is trashed once again, and after seeing the damage to the Sonesta and the Maho area, I am pretty sure that there has to be some damage at both LaPlage and LaTerrace. Praying that these buildings are at a minimal damage.

David.....I have owned at RI for almost thirty years. There have been other hurricanes over the years..and a few closures. This is the worst storm in the history of the island. With that said, as owners, we have NEVER been charged an additional assessment at any time. Not saying that this may hold true today....but the Spaddarro family have been more than fair with all of us. Last time around, they even credited the paid up maintenance fees to the following year. VERY VERY FINE thing to do for us. If you bought timeshare and expecting it to go up in value, you made the wrong ''investment'', and believe me that the current owners will remain loyal to the property. As Gloria Gaynor used to sing..."i will survive"....and that will be the Royal Islander!!!! If you don't belong to RCI, you are out of luck this year. There is no ''banking'' among RI itself. Praying for all the people of SXM. To us, it's just a vacation place...a second home. To them, it is their LIFE AND LIVELIHOOD. An inconvenience for all of us tourists..yes. Small potatoes to what they are going through.

Carol, Eric, and all the rest of ny fellow Florida folks here...STAY SAFE.