I haven't written here in a long time but I spent lots of time on Sint Maarten over the last 15 years because I have owned property in Oyster Pond during that time. First, I think that it is pretty easy to sit back here in the US and judge people's behavior in a complete disaster like what is going on in Saint Martin. The people are desperate and afraid and confused and without communication. I am not making excuses for the behavior of anybody taking what doesn't belong to them. We all know the difference between right and wrong but these people know what the next 6 months will bring for them and none of it is good. It's not Houston and they don't live in the US. I don't know if it would be substantially different in any other place or country similar to Saint Martin. Are some of these people truly bad people searching for an excuse to get what they want??? Of course. But my guess is that the majority are afraid and confused and uncertain and are operating out of desperation. It is what people do when they get crazy with fear. Nobody is thinking about the welfare of the island 6 months down the road or two years from now. They are only thinking about tomorrow. It is part of our human condition. It is the job of the government to restore order and to make it right. Hopefully it happens sooner than later. I don't know how I would react and I doubt that many people here know either. I hope that Saint Martin recovers as quickly as possible and that God looks over the island with a special place in his heart for everybody there. It's a great place and the people there deserve better.