This just posted by Jeff McNutt of Dive BVI:

Brief recap from Relief Supply drop to Virgin Gorda yesterday:

Flew 2 private planes into Ceiba airport in Puerto Rico, unloaded planes into waiting box truck, unloaded into waiting boats at Police Marina. 5 boats took off for VG into 4-6 ft seas and got to Spanish Town around 1330. I met with local contacts who secured a dock for us to berth and unload. VG community had a 10 am meeting to assess the situation and decided to aggregate supplies at a central location. Police are on guard there to protect supplies. I checked on as many people as I could but had to get out before nightfall. Headed back to PR from Beef Island - runway has been cleared, but no tower operations. Overnighted there and departed to Orlando to get ready for Irma landfall in Florida.

The situation on VG is dire. The infrastructure is gone. Most roofs gone, debris everywhere. All 3 of our dive shops are gone. No idea about boats as I didn't have time to check. All employees accounted for and preps are being made to evacuate ASAP.

Security is seriously needed on VG. Police have had no contact with BVI govt. We supplied a Sat phone to head police officer (she has taken charge admirably). Order must be established, sanitation is required and WATER is an immediate threat. We supplied 50 cases of MREs, water, tarps/cordage, generators/extension cords, gloves, first aid kits, personal sanitation items, and more.

Commercial dock is structurally sound and cleared of debris. Cargo can be received at the port in Spanish Town. Please send help ASAP!

Last edited by Kmon; 09/09/2017 02:22 PM.