We are watching the travel restrictions also. Waiting for them to lift so we can get in and assess the damage to our house and Sandy Ground Estates.

To my knowledge, only BVI Citizens and Belongers can get at this point. By boat via customs on Tortola or the airport on a humanitarian flight.

As an American Citizen, I can get to Puerto Rico and then wait for the restrictions to lift. Or wait and fly into STT when the airport opens and then wait for restrictions to lift.

It is totally wait and see at this point. Even if we can get into the BVI, there is no food, water, lodging, etc to be had for additional bodies. If we can get in over the next several weeks, we will need to bring our food in, and hope and pray that our cisterns stay clean an operable for drinking water.

The situation at Sandy Ground Estates right now is, no electric (generators only, gasoline and diesel are like black gold!), no phone service, no internet. All of the houses received damage. The caretaker cottage and associated buildings for storage and maintenance are completely gone, as is our dock.

Thankfully, and most important, our caretakers and island families are all reporting in as safe and alive. BUT TERRIBLY SHAKEN!

Our home lost the roof on the two master bedrooms and all doors and windows for the entire house. Our propane stove is operable and I understand it is being used to cook for those who are hunkered down and trying to survive within the estate.

This is bad folks, not looking forward to them having to go through Hurricane Maria over the next 24 hours.