Thanks for the replies, all makes sense. I may be a somewhat unique situation as we lived in Baltimore and found it to be basically a $ wash in airfare between a non-stop Southwest flight BWI>SJU and then Seaborne to Beef, using the "corporate" account, vs other options such as BWI-MIA-STT. After factoring taxi, ferry and time, flying in to Beef seemed a no brainer for us and it was a joy to land at EIS and clear customs at the airport as opposed to the ferry dock. We've since moved to Jacksonville and looking at planning a family trip for my parents' 50th anniversary and I'm at a loss to figure out the best plan. So far, It's still looking like a Southwest flight JAX-FLL-SJU and then one of the puddle jumper's to Beef may be our choice. Otherwise, it seems it's AA Jax-MIA-STT, which still seems pricey. We could also theoretically drive and fly out of TPA, MCO, FLL, or MIA, but the cost/time equation still has me leaning SW into SJU.

Anyone else in N. Fl care to share your preferred route? Don't mean to thread-jack...

Thanks!