Originally Posted by d_fish
Yes I was contemplating CYOA. However 2 people told me not to leave our vessel in STT. They felt that there is too much crime there.

I have read many glowing reports about Captain Jay which is why I mentioned STT as a possibility.

The positive note for us is that STT is easier to get to and it’s easier to provision and/or ship things to our vessel.

We would be happy to help you as well. We do not have dock space for a cat right now but we can rent you a mooring. Asfor the crime comment. That is simply ridiculous. I have been a full time resident of St Thomas for ten years. We do not have any more crime than any other Caribbean island and a lot less than most. It is safer on any given day than almost any us city. Crime here and in the BVI's is almost all either a crime of opportunity or it is gang/drug related. . Don't leave your dinghy or other valuables out or easily accessible. Don't walk around at night by your self in a bad part of town Don't try to go in the drug business or hang out with people that are. These same rules would and do apply anyplace on the planet.

Feel free to PM me or email at jay@cyoacharters.com

Last edited by CaptainJay; 04/06/2018 08:48 AM.