Thanks for the nice review.. Few things I can comment one.

1. I'm surprised you had issues with the door. If its like the 38 or 46, you can lock it open or closed and locking it doesn't involve the key. There's a (for lack of a better word) bolt type lock that locks it in the closed or open position at the top of the door. This was for both the main door and the smaller sliding door on the 46.

2. It seems all the Cat's we've been on had 2 main sheets. I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it but we simply just used one regardless of what tack we were on.

3. Pointing. Generally speaking from what I've heard (haven't really done enough comparison sailing myself) Cats are faster, Mono's point better. In the end, that might mean two boats going to the same place can get there the same time with the Cat going faster but taking a longer route.

4. We've found the A/C to be imbalanced as well on the 46 - if you leave all the cabin doors open, it helps.

5. I'd guess the fuel gauges may not have been working 100%. Running the generator each night, you should have shown the guage drop. I know on the 46, it pulled from the port tank. If you had a transfer button, which ever tank you could transfer to is clearly where it draws from - might be the reverse on the 44.

We love the dinghy davits too - the electric winch for that makes it a breeze! I'm hoping we'll get to try the 44 out in the future - it sounds perfect for the BVI.

Matt