Ollie,

Purely a personal opinion but I wouldn’t miss a quick trip into Pberg. We love to people watch there but I wouldn’t recommend a Day in town when there are lots of ships in port. One or two is stimulating and adds to the vibrancy of the city but more than that, IMHO, adds chaos to the experience.

We generally go into town early and have breakfast along the beach somewhere - Holland House is a good possibility for me since it’s across the street from my favorite SXM jeweler, but we also like to eat at Chesterfields and as already mentioned, they will validate your parking stub. Our other favorite breakfast stops have either gone out of business or were destroyed in Irma. If you plan on parking in the midtown lot you need to get there very early or be very lucky, or at least this is our usual experience though we haven’t been post-Irma sonthings might be a little less crowded now.

Things we enjoy beyond seeing some long-time Island friends include checking out the boats at the marina and viewing the Courthouse and some of the churches on Front Street. I think there’s a museum in town but in all honesty we’ve never been there. And there’s always shopping if all else fails....

If you happen to be in town midday, there are some great restaurants for lunch. We always enjoyed Antoine’s though it changed hands a year or so ago and we haven’t been there for lunch since this happened.😊😊

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."