Originally Posted by irish1223
It's been about 12 years since we've stayed at BSV. Although we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, we prefer a/c throughout the unit. Not that they've done that, we are very much looking forward to our reserved stay in November. As my memory isn't as young as it used to be, and as things might have changed in the interim, I have a few questions:

For those of you who have stayed there as just a couple, have you rented only the one-bedroom, or do you prefer two bedrooms for extra room? (We've rented a one-bedroom, as I recall the unit is pretty roomy.)

We found the one bedroom unit more than adequate for two of us.

Do they supply umbrellas for the beach chairs or should we rent from Craig? (Carol, I think I remember you mentioned no umbrellas in one of your recent trip reports).

We rented an umbrella from Craig but we read somewhere there were umbrellas available. We didn't bother asking for one.

Do they have beach towels or should we bring our own? How often is housekeeping provided? Is the pool freshwater or salt water?

Beach towels are available in each suite, housekeeping was everyday but one - Wednesdays, perhaps??, and as I recall, the pool is fresh water.

I'm assuming the kitchen has all the usual perks: microwave, toaster, blender, ice trays?

The kitchen had everything you could ask for and more but now that I'm actually thinking about it, I don't remember if there was a microwave or not......

Thanks in advance! I just like to know what I might need to bring (or rent) ahead of time.

What are your November dates, Robin? We have a reservations for the middle of the month. The only thing I would suggest you bring is a small flashlight (jic) and a small plug in night-light.

Last edited by pat; 07/19/2018 01:39 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."