You took offense to my post about some issues being boat experience. The reason I posted that is there were items in your original post that were red flags and more in your reply here. The most obvious is no experienced skipper leaves the dock not having any idea of where the thru hulls are located. That’s boating safety 101. Tied into that is confusing AC lines for holding tank discharge lines regardless of the boat briefing. That’s virtually impossible to do given the routing and size differences without even adding they were most likely labeled. I also did not understand trying to raise a running outboard out of the water. It appeared in reading your original post you were trying to toss a lot of inconsequential items into the complaint. It would have been better to stick with the serious items.
As far as the quality of the boat briefing most briefers get their cues from the client. I can’t imagine if you started at the bow and worked aft going through all the systems he would refuse to answer questions. It just seems odd such a experienced skipper would leave the dock with so many unanswered questions. Both your posts suggest a unreasonable expectation of how quick you could get off the dock and that perhaps you were pushing the staff to expediate everything. I tell people for a noon start be happy with 3 to 4 pm and thrilled if you can get out earlier.
As far as Eustasia sound you mention you have many BVI charters under your belt. I have chartered boats with 6 different charter companies. All redline that area.
G