Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by sunmantwo
Can’t be certain but it sure looks like SBRM is busing in people from the cruise ships. I’d be major pissed if I couldn’t get a palapa on the beach I’m paying for.

Exactly. As a timeshare owner I would be too. The beach is public but the palapas and loungers are owned by the resort. I would take that up with the resort management.

And perhaps they are renting them out if the property is not full of owners.

Hey Scuba, how do you feel about owners "reserving" (or tipping an attendant to reserve for them) loungers very early in the morning and then not using them until well later in the afternoon? I have witnessed MANY times at Royal Palm well over 1/2 of the loungers "reserved" and not being used for hours. This puts other owners out of the ability to use the loungers also. If the loungers are owned by the resort and not individual timeshare owners, it does not seem right that there should be any "reservation system".

You are right. Loungers should not be reserved for patrons over one hour in length. A sign even states that at the pool area at Flamingo. Tipping is supposedly not allowed but some indeed to. Some will tip to have loungers brought over to a palapa but in no way are they allowed to reserve loungers and palapas for the duration you brought up. I've on occasion seen it happen and I'll time it. If people don't show, I give them more than an hour, I remove their stuff and take it over for myself. If they don't like it I just tell them to complain to the management. It usually stops right there.