Over the past few days we’ve enjoyed breakfast at the Yacht club but alas, no bridge opening when we’ve been there and big yachts going in or out though we did see some later in the day in Simpson Bay.

We had dinner Tuesday night at Mary’s Boon. We had always thought it a reasonable choice in the past but dinner the other night left me not a fan. The waiter was very pleasant but he really should have advised us it was poker night and the players would be arriving any minute. They did and it got very loud.

Yesterday my DH ran to the store to grab some cold cuts for lunch. I started to get concerned because it was taking him so long. Lo and behold - he came through the door with a smile on his face and the cold cuts in one hand and a lunch to go package in the other. He had seen the ships heading into town early that morning and had heard people talking about Rosie only doing ribs on ship days so he stopped by and grabbed a double order of her ribs to go fresh of the Barbie. Yummy lunch - who wants ham and cheese when the other is available?!

Last night we had dinner at Vesna Taverna. It was very enjoyable and the waitresses there are all so nice. John had salmon and I had pan sautéed grouper and we both had snails and all were very good.

Today we headed out to Friars Bay with a quick detour up the Towers driveway again. The workers are up on the roof - it looked like three or four of them and while the corrugated seems to be covering all the roof we still couldn’t see the pool side. Still a lot to be done but at least they seem to be doing something.

Lunch today was at Friars Bay Beach Cafe and it was delicious. John had a cold lobster salad plate and I had their Boef (Sp en Francais?)carpaccio and they were both incredibly good. We even had desserts - chocolate mousse for DH and I had a Nutella crepe. Yummy, both.

For those who might go there, the dirt road in closest to Grande Case is a nightmare. Best to come in the original route past Gutside per staff at FBBC. Also, no cc - cash only and water shoes are a good idea near FBBC.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."