This was posted on Facebook and I got permission to share from an observer on island that met with Marvin the manager.
"WORK TODAY: There is a cement truck with the tall crane to deposit concrete on the roof at Flamingo. Mervin said the flat roofs showed more damage that first noted and they decided to remove and replace them. That added time, but the leaks were persistent and they decided to do it right. Again there are people busy all over the property doing a variety of things...some preparation for the coming surge when the workers arrive and the job moves into full swing.

FLAMINGO AND ROYAL PALM: Flamingo and Royal palm are being treated in tandem. Supplies for each, repairs and construction for each, workers for each, progress for each will be done concurrently.

THE WORKERS: The 200 workers who are coming are being "processed." They are expected to begin arriving in January, but the legal processing is the rate limiting step. Diamond determined they would do everything legally, so the incoming workers are getting work permits, required residency status, and all legal and insurance requirements in Sint Maarten are being met. That takes time, but it is the right way to do it--for the company, for the workers AND for Sint Maarten. The workers are coming from a pool of skilled construction workers that the general contractor uses for work they do throughout the world. They are from a variety of locations, not a single country or region. They will be housed in the "Man Camp" trailers and workers for both Flamingo and Royal Palm will live and work together. Skilled local workers are on the job and will be used throughout the rebuild.

Most of the trailers will be used for worker's quarters, but some will be used for needed administrative and construction purposes.

SECURITY: I asked how the other two properties feel about the barricade and two Flamingo people told me they love it. It is safer for everyone. Security will remain strong because work and activity will increase quickly and it is not safe for people to be wandering around with the equipment, supplies, and workers focused on rebuild. (I was with staff members the entire time I was there for safety.)"