Gracie,

Saba is my personal favorite of all the near islands. So much so after finally making our first daytrip we booked a short stay there a few years later. There’s not much in the line of shopping there and the big deal for Saba is hiking. Be prepared if that’s your thing - you will probably want to wear sturdy shoes and bring plenty of bottled water for the climb.

I trusy you know there’s no beach to speak of.

Our first time over we booked an all-day tour through our resort’s activity desk which included transportation via the Edge and a site-seeing expedition while there. This was a great first exposure. The taxi/bus/van picked us up off the boat and gave us a personal tour of the island. I think there may have been six of us in his comfortable van. We were glad we did it this way because the roads are NOT for the faint-hearted. They are narrow and windy and often times the turns are sharp and not always easy to navigate, even for the island drivers who are very familiar with them.

Our tour stopped in several places for photos and to allow a few hikers to be dropped off and later picked up again at the end of their trek.

The highlight of the tour for me was our wonderful lunch at the Queens Garden Inn, so much so that while enjoying our lunch on their patio under the trees, we KNEW we had to return and stay for a few days.

Saba is all about relaxing and chilling but if you are a hiker or a diver you will love it there, too. I do envy you......wish we were there too.

One word of caution - if the seas are st all rough, you might want to fly as opposed to taking the boat over. There’s a reason they call it the ‘Vomit Comet’ and while I had no problems with it, many on the boat did.

Last edited by pat; 01/14/2019 11:23 AM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."