Yes,there are a couple of small shops down Cul de Sac and we have them used them over the past 20 years or so.... they're convenience stores

But in the Hope Estates there is a market called the HOPE MARKET and they have just about anything you need at reasonable prices; it's like a corner store with more "stuff". Lots of American Stuff, if you need American Stuff.

Further ..we use LEADER PRICE ( http://www.ccmvsxm.com/?lang=en#sectionboutiques!loading) which is nearby as well and I include from an earlier post asking about champagne ...... "In France, Leader Price, is considered the place that French Locals buy their booze. Leader Price is reopened and right across from the Cadissco gas bar nearby! Their stock in years past varies from day to day, week to week, but we've always found the booze of all kinds there reasonable .... at times, cheap. I walk there from Mont Vernon in 18 minutes and my backpack holds 6 bottles of wine .....!!!!!" One of my favourite white wines there is ALICE ... from Pays d'OC, Sauvignon Blanc @ 3.99 Euros a bottle!!!!

We've just spent the last 5 weeks at Mont Vernon ... with a car for one day to shop at Carrefour ..and then, another car for a week ..and then nothing .......SO ...for most of the time, I've been using Leader Price ...I've become the consummate French Shopper (our son lived in France ...and we visited often and got very acclimated to daily shopping). Leader Prices has daily baking, roasted chickens, charcuterie, lots of frozen meats and basic needs (follow a French shopper ..for the best buys), and a good variety of produce (not everything, every day ..but lots over the course of several days).

Try it .. all the locals buy there!

Last edited by RunnernReader; 03/06/2019 02:51 PM.