PelicanPirate said:
How far away is Macabuca from cruise pier? Do they have a sandy beach to go with snorkeling? Are there any other restaurants near the Macabuca. I read a lot of mixed reviews. We don't need much--burgers, fries, chicken tenders, cold corona.

MacaBuca/Cracked Conch restaurants are about a 20 minute drive from the pier (barring any traffic). You can take one of the public buses (mini-vans) that run either route 1 or 2 (Lime Green or Yellow) for ~$2.50 US.

No beach, the area is ironshore, but they have a ladder into a fairly well protected entry area. For me, it is one of the more scenic spots to grab some casual fare and enjoy a drink. The snorkeling is not the best since it is fairly deep, +30 feet to good stuff, but still can be enjoyable.

The cracked conch is great as is the fish and chips. Had some great lunches there and some so-so, but never anything terrible. Other restaurants in the vicinity are the Green House (?) at Lantern Point (the Dive Tech Dive shop condos), TimBucTuu, and Alfresco's. I prefer MacaBuca, but Alfresco's is a great setting as well.

Snorkel air just tastes better than canned air...