Schwdny

Good idea on helping to maybe prevent others from having a dink problem, with possible injuries, or worse.

Over 35 years, our two sea stories so others can remain safe.

# 1:.

Ours was in Cane Garden Bay, small dink, Four of us, Very low free board. This was a flotaila, from our sailing club
and our we dink was buzzed close aboard by a large dinghy from one of the other boats.

The wake wave swept into our dink, and filled her with water, we were capsizing, and I shut the outboard down as we were rolling inverted ..
The four of us are in the water,

Erica yells MY CAMERA ! I grab the camera before it sank . Well we righted the dink, and back on board
our bare boat boat, we found her new very expensive electronic super camera was ruined.

No one was injured, since we shut the outboard down as were were capsizing.

The whole event was due to RUM AND DUMB, since we had been tossing down the Pain Killers at Stanleys.

# 2

Dink at night, in Sopers Hole.

Earlier we had been out having dingy races, and hooting it up. It was now well after dinner and just Erica and I
were dinking back to our boat, Fairly strong wind and Current that was heading out to sea,

The out board quits. No fuel to the motor, Add to that, we had not put the oars into the dink
We are drifting at a fairly rapid rate out to sea. Here came the last mooring can, with an un occupied boat secured to the painter.

I reached out and grabbed the mooring line, got the boat stopped. I checked the fuel. Very little left in the tank.
I picked up the tank at an angle so the fuel intake would get some gas to the outboard. Made it back to our boat.

Never again do we get foolish with other dinks, nor do we not have oars on board, and we always check the fuel
before starting the engine. We let party time get in the way of good seamanship and common sense.

Both of those situations could have turned out NOT GOOD.....Especially , with the dink motor shutting down,
late at night, no one else around, and being swept out of Sopers Hole to the dark and empty ocean.

This is just a confession to help others stay safe.