After the easy travels American, LAX to MIA to STT, We had one night at Olgas Fancy Hotel , French Town, and the next morning, the Road Town Fast Ferry, direct to Road Town . BVI Customs took a few minutes but no worries..

The BVI....We did not want to be rushed and also liked to add in a little wiggle room in case of any possible travel delays. So in the BVI , we had one night at Maria's By The Sea hotel in Road Town.
Easy walk to Marias from the Ferry Dock. Maybe 5 minutes. towing our one roller duffel each. Pusser Co. Store and bar were just across the road from our lodgings, and we like the ambiance and
the staff. By chance, we met Stewart and Kim who were walking by our bar stools, turns out he is a president of pussers and works with Charles the owner and founder. Very nice couple ..

We believe that all you have to do is say HELLO, and you will be amazed at how interesting the people are, and how much you may have in common. All during our USVI and BVI island time, we
met many wonderful people and happy wakes continued to cross on a constant basis. The BVI are back and going strong.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 14: The fun begins. We taxied to Conch Charters. The plan was to get our provisions from Rite Way, and then board Vibecke, a Jeanneau 36i, sloop at 4:30 pm. We had an Early boarding and would
spend the night on board. Just FYI, we really like the entire Conch Crew, from office to dock to briefers. Super friendly and helpful familly run company. Very positive,and just great people.

Our sailing vacation begins with the Right Way Grand Prix Obstacle Run For Your Life provision race. I love it ! We borrowed one of Conch Charter's wheeled dock carts. Think wheel barrow. From the marina to
Rite way was about 100 yards or so. The trick for survival is to time your sprints in order to avoid zooming vehicles by zipping back between the parked cars for safety.

The fun begins, I am pushing that dock cart along the busy narrow coastal road at light speed. My skinny pins look like whirling blures as we are dashing in and out of traffic ducking between park cars to escape
being run down by speeding locals. Erica is running right behind me. This is fun ! At Riteway We load up that dock cart with $ 200.00 worth of provisions, and then race back to Vibeke to load and stow them on board.

Now, it must be noted , there are only two of us, Erica and I, and provisioning for us two is not like buying for 8 to 12 people on a catamaran. But, we have all of what we wanted and no missing items.

After loading and stowing our provisions and personal gear, we went over the inventory list, and checked out the vessels systems. We wanted to be ready for the staff systems check the next morning with no
delays.

As the sunset, we curtailed our pre sailing inspection and walked next door to the Pub . A couple of cold Crib Beers seemed quite in order. Friendly folks and nice view of the docks and boats.

We felt so good, We were back in the BVI, and starting to feel like cruising sailors again. Tomorrow we would be on our way, under sail for Great Harbor, Peter Island, and you all know what that means.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 15: After the chart brief by Ian, and the systems check by Jay, we were out of the Conch Docks by 11:00 am.

PETER ISLAND, great harbor and the WILLY T.

Picked up a mooring. No problem with mooring availability and had our double bow bridles set and secured. Aye, lads and lasses, The Willy T. this will be our first night of good times on the New Willy T.
Must say, that the new Willy T., is in much better condition , but she is set up like the old Willy T. To me, sitting at those old wood bar stools, and rumming it a bit....It had the same lively and
fun ambiance. I could not tell any difference.

The bartenders were fun, and we talked story with Kyle....the people were leaping off the upper deck above the fan tail bar into the water. Others were dancing, we all were singing along
with the music. Some were getting the Willy T tatoo slapped onto their upper and lower body parts. Young ladies, four at time, were slugging down ski shots. Yep, a ski with holes drilled into
the ski. Shot glasses inserted in the holes and the ladies grasping the ski , pick it up, turn it over and toss down the rum shots. We were singing and toasting right along with the fun bunch.

And this was about lunch time. Many of the fun loving party goers were on day trip boats, and left in a couple of hours. We dinked back to Vibeke, rested up a bit, and returned for drinks at the bar and
then dinner on the well deck. Great honey dipped chicken. Always good.

We made it an early night, as we had a nice spirited long sail planned tomorrow up to Leverick Bay, Virgin Gorda. Party time is going to continue ..

That is it for now, we want to keep our fun reports fairly short

Last edited by captdennyj; 06/25/2019 03:17 PM.