Originally Posted by nouth

This is our first trip post Irma so we are excited to return. We live in upstate SC and would drive 2 hours to Charlotte to fly nonstop. AA has priced us out of that option, so we will be driving 10 hours to Ft. Lauderdale and flying Jet Blue for over $1,000 less money. We hate the long drive, but $1,000 is a lot of money---for us anyway.

I'm from Columbia SC and, like you, dealing with the bull!@#$ with American's ridiculous fares out of CLT. (Gees, with over 90+% of the gates controlled by American at CLT and 80% Delta at ATL, we don't have many options, do we? I used to think government was against monopolies.)

My trip in April - we flew Delta from Col'a through ATL to SXM for less than 1/2 of American's fare but that seems to have been a somewhat isolated experience. We just returned this morning from SXM doing the Jet Blue out of FLL and drove to and from FLL. Wasn't great getting in at 3 AM this morning after driving 8 hours, but wasn't the end of the world. DEFINITELY worth the savings to me. $220 per JB ticket versus $1000+ American from CLT. We just wish these FLL fares were real and not just a temporary sale price.

[Linked Image]