Hi, LeAnn,

We often fly JB out of JFK, basically for the convenience of their n/s flights to SXM as opposed to dealing with other carriers of late and having to connect. Personally speaking, if you could drive to SXM I wouldn’t recommend any of the carriers as flying anywhere is a total pita, IMHO, but it’s what you gotta’ do to get where we want to be.

This is purely MY opinion, but I don’t really see much difference in the carriers except for the n/s flights and the fact they seem to cancel less and they do offer daily service. By the time you do the add-on for roomier seats up front and the one bag included, in the middle fare structure, I really do think price wise they are about comparable. The roomy seats are worth it to us not, so much for the extra room but for the guaranteed overhead space for your carry-on, and more often than not, the pre-check factor is included. And while JB does run some very good sale and/or introductory market pricing on occasion, they aren’t cheap either, or at least, not like they used to be.

I think it all boils down to what works for you at a price you’re willing to pay, or at least that’s how we view it. Every once in a while I find a great price on AA for 1st class and I often grab it and book the return wherever I get the best deal. This seems to work well, too.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."