Subaqua said:
SeaSeaRider said:
Just back. We used the park service dock with no problems. Had a short wait on a ball outside the harbor until our guests called to say they were 15 minutes out, then went in for a quick tie up, pick up and off. Very crowded harbor!!!

Did you check out at Sopers and in at Cruz bay and how did that go?
At the park dock, did you dinghy in or boat?
Then, did you have to check out of St. Thomas or just back in at Sopers (how did that go, there would be a dozen of us or so).
If we do the pickup it won't be until late in the afternoon, I wonder if we'll get checked back into BVI that day at Sopers?

Chip is correct. You check in and out at the same time in Cruz Bay St. John, no need to return there to check out. Our pick-up was around 2:30 PM so we opted to just motor back to St. John and spend the night in Leinster Bay, snorkel Waterlemon Cay and then visit the sugar mill ruins. We checked back into the BVI at Sopers the next morning.

Yes, we did check out at Sopers before going over. If you try to do it without checking out/in, I think your guests will have a problem checking into the BVI. The agents will ask how they arrived, then want to know why the boat didn't check out/back in. Best to stay legal and do it the right way. It was actually a piece of cake both ways. Checking in at St. John was super easy. Pick up a ball by Lind Point and dinghy around to Cruz Bay. There's a really good small grocery store in Cruz Bay for reprovisioning and lots of places to have lunch. At the park dock in Red Hook, we took the big boat in and tied up. We stayed on the mooring ball until our friends were about 15 minutes out, then headed in. Everything worked out great. I highly recommend it for picking up a lot of crew in STT rather than having them ferry over.

Rob