I definitely fall on the ‘if you fly often enough........’ but the thing is, for us, We no longer fly that much so our experiences are pretty much limited to airlines that service SXM which for us means basically JB or American with Delta out there, too, but usually far more expensive than the others.

I know I’m in the minority here but I seem to have far better experiences with AA even allowing for all their schedule changes. And as I’ve said so often, it’s not always the problem that causes angst but the way in which the problem is handled.

Our November JB departure from SXM was a giant mess......... and it only got worse as we landed in PR instead of our n/s flight and arrival into JFK that we booked and paid for. I know, I know - stuff happens but one Customer Service Rep on the ground at PR would have made a world of difference to all on that flight. The slice of (cold) pizza and cup of Sprite they finally offered us at ten o’clock that night was a nice touch as was the hundred dollar credit to our travel banks but in honesty, none of it made up for the unexplained delays and inconvenience that might have been avoided with a little fore-thought on the airlines part.

On the other hand, when confronted with our third set of AA changes for an up-coming April trip, I think the people at AA would have given me my own plane if I asked for it. They changed us each time to flights of our choice with no questions asked and even gave us a mileage bonus for all the inconvenience that ultimately lead to us cancelling the FF tickets. There were no issues with the refunds or reinstatement of miles and all was accomplished with the assistance of very personable and helpful AA CSRs.

In fairness, booking the JB flights to replace those seats wasn’t a problem either but we ended up paying more for the JB tix than we originally paid for our AA first class tickets and in order to use the JB credit given us we had to purchase our tickets and couldn’t use our points for FF seats as we had hoped unless we we’re willing to forfeit the travel bank awards.

Maybe I’m just lucky but as inconvenient as the frequent AA schedule changes always are I’ve always been treated well by AA and I’m sorry so many others have had such egative experiences.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."