A couple of years ago this dive almost killed me. Dropped our anchor to the bottom. No problem . Scuba divers went off and went down. So it was me a 2 small children on board. Decided to snorkel the spot, so off I go. Did not realize there was like a 4 knot current. Could not see much while snorkeling so decided to go back to the boat. Really hard swimming against 4 knot current. Got to about 50 ft from the dinghy and one of my flippers blew off. So now I am going around in circles with one flipper. Finally got to the dinghy. So tired, I pulled myself to the bow of the dinghy and now had to swim another 15 ft to the yacht. Really tired. Got onto my yacht. A few minutes later the scuba divers signal to pick them up , so untied the dinghy and picked them (4) with the bow line of the dinghy and put the dinghy in reverse. The poor engine could hardly pull the 4 divers and going in reverse.
After I got on the dinghy and all the divers were on board. I told the crew what an incredible risk we took. If the dinghy engine had died, all of us would have been drifting in the open water. No one knew where we had gone.
I also said I would NEVER go back to this dive site. Bad Karma.

tpcook