I went to the grocery stores here on Virgin Gorda this morning. They were limiting customers into the stores (20 at a time or so) and there were lines outside Bucks, Riteway and SupaValu. We skipped Bucks and Riteway due to the lines and went to Rosie's and SupaValu instead. We found everything we needed and are well stocked. It was busy and there was definitely a sense of urgency, but everyone was respectful and still had the island spirit. "Good morning", "Good afternoons" etc. Plenty of toilet paper and paper towel to go around. And Rosie's had a truck full of groceries ready to be stocked as we were leaving. So far, there is still plenty of food and no one is panicking. At least on Virgin Gorda, cannot speak for Tortola or other islands.

I do not know if grocery stores will be open for this 6-day lock-down. All I have heard so far is it is a "24-hour curfew".

We also have a friend dropping off a case of 6 bottles of wine for us this afternoon. The girlfriend and I will be doing a bit of a wine tasting over the lockdown!

The "14-day travel lockdown" did not apply to Port Purcell and shipping. I do not know the plan for the 6 day lockdown period, however.