Sorry to start another thread with the doom and gloom of canceled trips, especially with more significant issues around the world. I booked a land based trip for a group through HomeAway in May. We are way outside the refund policy on the house and the trip insurance is useless unless one of us actually gets sick (not wishing that on any of our group). HomeAway is encouraging homeowners to either give 50% refund or letting travelers re-book within a year, but ultimately it's up to the homeowner. The individual we're working with is offering us a hybrid. 50% credit to re-book. The rest of the group is not thrilled (especially my wife) and wants to me to push back, as they feel the homeowner is being unreasonable. I'm a little more understanding. It's not their fault, it's not our fault, so split the loss. We really don't have any back up and technically the homeowner owes us nothing, so i fear pushing too hard and they tell me to take a hike.

Any thoughts from other homeowners on the forum? or other travelers experience as we navigate this thing?

hoping it all works out and we can re-book in October/November. We've only ever experienced the BVIs in April/May, so would also appreciate any additional feedback on visiting Oct/Nov.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and sane. Thanks.