I understand Diane's comment is to suggest the Covid response in BVI to be more 'aggressive' than in her own country, the United States, although I would agree Americans are less likely to accept many restrictions on personal liberty. The consequences are we now have 956,292 confirmed cases of Covid, more than four times that of the country in second place. We now have 54,175 Covid deaths, one quarter of all the deaths in the world. It can't be more obvious Americans and our government were not prepared for a pandemic. I think most sensibly minded folks agreed the movement of people between countries was not a good idea, a fairly common response. Our country had to bring a lot of American citizens home, and I'm not sure it went smoothly, nor was everyone virus free upon their return. I agree there are 'talking heads' looking for market share, and would say anything to grab attention. I don't think we can 'broad brush' American opinion based on some media comments. I don't know the 'end game', perhaps no one does.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com