Well I don't know anymore than bugambilias or others here, and we'd need that proverbial crystal ball to know where things will be by June 2...

But by all reports from the health ministry and gov't the peak is expected mid-May through who knows, and social distancing requirements have become much more stringent in Q Roo, specifically the municipality of Solidaridad. Face masks are now mandatory in public, only one family member allowed in stores that are open, checkpoints have been established in town to ensure folks are out for essentials only...Cozumel just tightened their curfew hours from 2200 hrs - 0500 hrs to 1900 hrs - 0500 hrs, and highways between areas are closed to non-essential traffic. All public beaches have been closed and are patrolled for compliance, and of course all bars are closed and restaurants are take-out only. A good % of the latter will never reopen, unfortunately...The confirmed cases and deaths are rising now...

All resorts and hotels are supposed to be closed except for those serving essential personnel, and they have a 15% - 20% capacity max.

The last I read of Holbox all non-residents were "forced" to leave the island and fend for themselves, some are staying in Cancun while others were able to get flights out. So I would check with the hotels you are booked with or you are considering, and perhaps the Holbox and Coz sites on TripAdvisor.

We've had 3 flights back to NY cancelled, Delta has pulled out of CUN for all of May, and we're hoping for an AA flight out later in May. We have a nice home with a beautiful pool that we share with great neighbors who are also practicing safe hygiene and distancing habits as we are, but there is just nothing else to do here other than solo golf, and I can't imagine coming down here unless the projected models are inflated and the restrictions are suddenly lifted. Some areas of Q Roo and other states will be easing restrictions May 18, but this area and Cancun will remain on lockdown until at least May 31...

I'm actually amazed that the gov't is still allowing flights into Mexico with all that they are doing to try to prevent the spread of COVID-19...Question for you ScurvyD and not to be disrespectful - But have you and your wife tested negative for COVID-19? That would make folks here who you come into contact with feel much safer...

Last edited by crmoores; 04/28/2020 11:44 AM. Reason: typos

"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.”
-Anthony Bourdain