Originally Posted by kneafseym
Not sure why everyone is trying to up sell you and not answer your question. NC would not be my dream vacation, but with kids workable.

You didn't say the age of the kids, but at NC, you have the pool and a bar just a few steps away, a great beach for kids (not a great adult beach). There are food options, good grocery all a short walk away. Much cheaper than chartering a boat and depending on the kids age the expense of a crewed boat is wasted. With a car rental on site you can rent a car as needed or take a taxi. When we kept our boat there, pre Irma there was a great collection of kid friendly cats (meow cats) around.

Now to toss that wrench in, look at an All inclusive in Cancun with kids, they all have kids clubs, pools, food and beach (some good, some suck). Much cheaper than BVI. When we were running a charter boat in BVI with our young daughter this was our "vacation" spot and she was much happier there than BVI. She loved all the kid activities and being away from us....and us away from her for a few hours.

FYI we are looking at February 2021.

You a right in my wheel house. The wife was warming up to a charter yesterday but even if there are heavy discounts, it will be considerably more expensive, like double. The kids will be 12, 10, & 6 and are adventurous. If you factor in the rental car, ferry, and food/drinks its a little more palatable but I'm seeing at least $15k for 7 nights on a crewed charter with the 5 of us. I see some of the menus and it's a waste on the kids for sure. All inclusive in Cancun/Riviera Maya is actually our only other option. We have been a bunch and love Mexico but we also hate how we feel after sitting by a pool eating and drinking for a week straight:) I know BVI is far and expensive but my parents took us there back in the early 80's but my dad passed in 86. When I was back in February after 33 years I really liked it.

I did just start looking at CGB but worried about the cruise ship cattle cars. I assume there is a possibility that they still wont be back by February? I'd love to stay a Quito's but it's pretty pricey. I will check out some of those other recommendations. And yes, 4WD rental is the only way to go. We drove a ton our last trip and found some cool spots we otherwise would not have attempted if we didn't have off road capability. We don't mind the driving aspect on Tortola, it's part of the fun.