|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,076
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
kim
Newtown, CT
Posts: 4,979
Joined: September 2000
|
|
|
11 members (CaroleS, Rumlover, NumberCruncher, CanuckTravlr, Kennys, S/Y Mockingbird, knitsoftwear, calle313, 3 invisible),
531
guests, and
46
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559 |
I am seriously considering buying a Dufour 530 and sticking it into the CYOA charter fleet. We currently have a 3 cabin Beneteau 45 which we have been very happy with. But part of the motivation for the larger boat is to be able to bring more people. Not interested in a cat. If I go to a "normal" four cabin mono it will have two pretty cramped cabins up in the bow and no owners cabin at all. So one of the configurations we're interested in is the 3 cabin plus a pullman (with 2 single bunks) plus a crew cabin. Since there is always a compromise that has to be made this configuration only has a single head to be shared with the two double cabins + pullman cabins, i.e., potentially six people sharing that one head. It's a nice sized dry head but only one. Of course there is also a head in the crew cabin and there is a head and shower stall in the master.
I'd love some feedback. If you were looking for a 3+ cabin monohull how would you feel about this configuration? I"d like not to have a boat that is in charter but doesn't appeal to anyone and the same time I'd like to buy what I want to use myself. Thanks!
Life's short - sail more!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|