Just realized, looking at the pictures, that Villa Paloma is one of the villas that used to be called Green Cay Villas. We had a TON of great memories there! I don't know how many villas are currently being booked under that Green Cay Villas name, as most are privately owned now, as I assume Paloma is. Green Cay was the first place we booked a villa in February 1995. The villa that we booked back then had a fabulous view of Orient, as well as most of the others. That area has changed somewhat since then, as they have built more villas between them and the ocean, but I believe that at least some of those villas have a full ocean view still. For those not familiar with them, at the roundabout that is right at the end of the road that goes to the square, with your back to the ocean, you go straight UP from there by means of a walkway, up to Green Cay. Back in 95, we MIGHT have walked down once, but walking back UP was the big rub. No way I would consider walking it myself these days.

If view is very important to you, vacanakey, as it is to me, there should be other units in that complex with a view. The ones WAY at the top of the complex used to have the best ocean view, and I would think the view would still be there in those units. The driveway to them was VERY steep, but pretty short. They used to be numbers 18 and 20. They had names, even back then, but everyone used to just refer to them by the numbers! laugh I haven't seen any of the villas there for a while, but you should definitely check them out.

Carol Hill