We have stayed at Villa Velaire (Unit 9) at the Pelican Cove Condos, although it was 5 years ago. We normally rent a 1-bdrm. condo, but my brother and his wife were joining us, so that year we needed a 2-bdrm. unit. None were available at our regular place, so we booked this villa townhouse.

Villa Velaire is a 2-bdrm., 2-storey unit. Each bedroom has a king bed and its own ensuite bathroom, plus there is a powder room on the ground floor. It is a small complex of 17 units and most villas have their own private pool. Pelican Cove Condos are right at the end of Billy Folly Road in Pelican Key. Due to their location right at the water's edge on the cliffs, most of the units suffered water damage from the surge during Irma, so they have been recently renovated.

I am aware of Villa Libre, but have not been inside. However, the units seem very nicely decorated and well-equipped. Villa Libre is one of the larger, 3-bdrm villas and I believe it may be one of the single-storey units. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Pelican Cove and would not hesitate to rent there again if we needed a larger unit. The complex is very well-maintained and there is a gate and security guard at the entrance at night. And yes, the views and privacy are wonderful!

A car is obviously recommended, since it is a bit of a walk to anywhere. The complex is in the middle of a fairly exclusive residential area and is peaceful and quiet. You also get a very close-up view of the cruise ships as they pass by going to or coming from the port in Philipsburg, if they are running again by the time you visit. If you have any general questions, I will be happy to try and answer.

Here is the link to Villa Velaire, for comparison. https://www.villavelairestmaarten.com/