Carol: I believe there are actually only five one-storey units in Pelican Cove. The rest are 2-storey town homes. I suspect the one-storey villas, such as Villa Libre, are on a single level to ensure the units up the hill behind them at least have a view of the sea, since those units are not directly on the water.

The one we stayed in is part of a group on the east end, partly overlooking Cole Bay towards Phillipsburg, running up from the point. There are also 2-storey units on the upper level of Pelican Cove, where you first enter through the gate. Those units overlook the one-storey villas, such as Villa Libre.

You referred to someone named Villa Lady owning the large 3-bedroom unit right at the point. Our unit was three units up from that one. Villa Libre is at the opposite (western end) of that row of villas, towards Simpson Bay. Was Villa Lady French? When we were there we met and chatted with the owners of that unit, who were an older, French-speaking couple. I think it was up for sale then (March of 2015), so not sure if it was the same person?

Our unit overlooked the "violin-shaped" promontory on the top of the cliffs, just to the east of the point. If it wasn't too windy, you could walk out onto the promontory. We loved the location and the complex.

Last edited by CanuckTravlr; 07/12/2020 05:24 PM.