Originally Posted by Angelface
Originally Posted by sxmmartini
I don't know why anyone would jump on the first flight back to St. Maarten during hurricane season?

Some of us have family we are dying to see.

Some of us here in the USA have family we are dying to see also...but...for their safety and ours we have not been able to. The elderly have been ''held hostage'' in the retirement centers and nursing homes, but this is keeping them safe!! Both my wife and myself have lost our mothers this Summer....both within six weeks of each other. Neither died of Corona, but both ended up dying in their respective assisted living centers, without being able to have visitors since March. Both of our mothers, we beleive, ended up dying without us there, and without being able to visit them. As i said...covid didn't kill them, but we both believe that the loneliness they had contributed to their deaths. So please....this ''some of us have family we are dying to see" can wait. For their safety and for your own. Believe me, the last thing you would want to live with is the thought that if they get sick, that YOU contirbuted to their illness. The family time can wait.....until it can't.