Originally Posted by tradewinds
Listening to the Government update right now. Another case was detected today. The person hadn't left or entered the Territory. The apartment building the person stayed in is under quarantine and they apparently went to some bars & restaurants.

This has me wondering... this scenario sounds like NZ who recently discovered a few new cases after 100+ of days without any new cases. The people affected did not travel outside the country and authorities are attempting to determine how they become infected. They are looking at the cold storage facility that one of the persons works at. Could the virus become dormant if you will, in cold temperatures during food transportation, then reactive?

Or could the virus already be circulating everywhere and is impossible to contain because it has already infiltrated the globe? And in this case in the Territory, was it was discovered through testing because someone was sick enough to warrant a test? How many cases lurking with minor symptoms?

So I guess my point is, there is so much we do not understand, but it seems hiding from the virus aka lockdowns do not work. It appears the pesky virus will continue to spread regardless. Best course of action is personal prevention though hygiene, distancing and masks.