Ahoy Captains,

Here are quotes from the leading BVI government officials regarding the recent Virus and Economic issues. I am not trying to editorialize anything.
I cannot comment pro or con regarding Phase 3, anymore than I can predict the next Hurricane, beyond the government consensus that the BVI must “Live and Work with It” and that the BVI Premier has a plan for opening Nov 1.
BVI Governor Jaspert on Sept 1 said “We cannot plan for being completely Covid 19 free in the near future …” and
"We need to use the next period to learn to function with Covid 19 so that our society and economy can keep going in the long term …”.
BVI Premier Andrew Fahie said “Tourism is our mainstay and it is important that we take measures to ensure our long-term sustainability.”
And Sept. 1 said “The harsh reality is that we have to live and work with Covid 19”.
Hon Malone Min. of Health said “We learn to live and Work with Covid 19”
Opposition Leader Hon Penn said “The vast majority of our tourism is water-based where density is a non-issue and adopting the new social distancing guidelines will not be a challenge.”
On Wed Sept 2 the Premier was on a local webcast and said “We had a plan that was projecting for the first of November … All the plans we have with diversifying the economy, and even continuing with some of the economy that was there in terms of the marine industry ..." and
"The ultimate plans is very simple, we want to make sure we open the borders eventually. We go to aiming for the first of November, we had all our plans set up for that …”

They Virus is Here and the BVI Gov has chosen to “Live and Work with It”. Most of RoadTown is presently Open for Business.
The Premiers plan may be similar to the USVI, SXM, or the Bahamas. For the short term this summer, the Bahamas are offering self-quarantined yacht charters. Please - I understand there are both negative and positive advantages to this option.
I sympathize with those who have plans to travel within weeks to the BVI in Nov.
To speculate what new tests and vaccines, what political or economic conditions may develop, which businesses or schools are working 'remotely', or what Virus conditions may exist in the BVI or foreign countries all within the next few weeks are beyond my horizon.
Just as my business experienced after 9/11 and after Cat 5 Irma, for every rescheduled charter this year I would expect it will be easy to find a replacement crew enjoying some of the cheapest flight and yacht charter prices in decades, not to mention the luxury of a week or more with Family and Friends and No Masks and No Distancing, for a sunny yacht in the BVI this year.

Fair Winds, Brent from The Captains Compass