So we're moving Tortuga to USVI again in Nov because we've had this trip planned since Jan and couldn't move the dates. It will be similar to the one we did in Aug in that we'll be picking up additional crew 2 days in. The difference is we'll be there longer, 12 days this time so we can be a little more flexible.

What I'm wondering this time:
Someone earlier mentioned a car/van day rental when we arrive. What was the grocery stop that was suggested and who was the rental company? I'm concerned about a vehicle holding 6 passengers, luggage and then a weeks worth of provisions.

Are there mooring balls in Frenchtown for a short stop? I was toying with picking up crew there and spending the night off of Water Island? If we do that, is there a market nearby for fill in provisioning or ice?

From a sailing point of view, are there stops on St Thomas we should make of point of seeing? Last time we pretty much spent every night off of St John. I don't believe any of the crew is really interested in Charlotte Amalie shopping.

Last trip we did every night dinner aboard. We'd consider a couple land based dinners if the restaurant had outdoor seating. Nothing fancy just decent view, food and drinks to get off the boat. Any suggestions?

Last time to the Annaberg ruins and the petroglyphs. Any other, light to moderate hikes anyone really loved?

Thanks for reading thru this and of course thanks for any guidance.

Dave

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]